Recently, I discussed some of the ways to protect WordPress blog . Today I want to share with you a way to hide the version of WP from intruders.
The fact that you know the version of the engine WP hacker can easily find a "key" to your treasure and manage them as you like I will not speak. Immediately proceed to the defense.
1. Functions.php file in the folder with your theme.
Add the line
'wp_head' , 'wp_generator' ) ; ?> <? Php remove_action ('wp_head', 'wp_generator');?>
2. Header.php file in the folder with your theme.
Remove the string
<Meta name = "generator" content = "WordPress <? Php ) ; ?> " /> bloginfo ('version');?> "/>
3. License.txt readme.html files and folder in korenvoy WordPress.
Delete these files completely.
in the folder / wp-includes
In each of these files, delete the line
$wp_version ?> " --> <! - Generator = "wordpress / <? Php echo $ wp_version?>" ->
<Generator uri = "http://wordpress.org/" version = "<? Php ) ; ?> ">WordPress</generator> bloginfo ('version');?> "> WordPress </ generator>
The file feed-rdf.php 22 line looks
$wp_version ?> "/> <Admin: generatorAgent rdf: resource = "http://wordpress.org/?v = <? Php echo $ wp_version?>" />
By following these simple steps you will hide the version of WordPress particularly curious. I would also note that if you are using to broadcast their rss-feeds service FeedBurner, the fourth step will help you.
- Adding microformats to blog on WordPress
- The speed of loading pages: Super Cache or Hyper Cache
- Perelinkovka WordPress without plugins
- Cleaning the WordPress database
- Ping WordPress - reduce the load on the server
- Incompatibility wp-pda and hyper-cache
- Disable checking for updates and WordPress plugins